Can anyone describe what steps, settings and apps are necessary to
stream my music over the Internet (3G?) to my Motorola Droid?  Some
background info:

I am running Squeezebox Server version 7.4.1 installed using the WHS
installer.  My server is a first generation HP MediaSmart Server
(EX470).  I have successfully installed and used the Android
SqueezeControl app from within my home network to control my SB Boom
(very nice app!).

I know I need to do something with port 9000 on my router and I have
the WHS Port Forwarding Add-In installed.  But I'm not sure how to
configure it, especially how to do it in a reasonably secure manner.  My
router is a D-Link DI-624.

My router always assigns my server the same local IP, but I don't have
a static IP Internet connection (Comcast).  I do have remote access
set-up using an HP web address (https://www.myname.hpmediasmart.com).  I
tried accessing my music by adding /stream.mp3 to the above url, but
since I haven't done anything to open port 9000 yet I'm not surprised it
did not work.

I have the DroidLive Lite and RockNDroid players installed.  Any
recommendation on which to keep/use?

What other information is pertinent to helping?  Thanks for whatever
advice/direction you can offer.

I did search this forum (and beyond), but did not come up with anything
specific enough.  There is a nice thread on streaming to Nokia phones,
but the port configuration and security issue isn't described in enough
detail.  Apologies if I missed info somewhere -- a pointer is fine if
this info can be found elsewhere.

-David

--
dlaflamm