dean blackketter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Does this happen every time that your alarm goes off?

I wish it was that simple, Dean.  No, it does not happen every day.  But I am
having no ends of trouble with SS since I installed the last MS security
updates.  SS has since become notoriously unreliable to start on reboot.  I'd
say that in about 50% of all start-ups (had such a case just now), I get

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use
the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for
details. The following information is part of the event: Perl interpreter
failed.

I know that other folks had this message before and I have not seen a solution
for this issue on this forum yet.  These PERL errors are driving me barmy.  SS
used to be fairly dependable but recently it's been all but wife-friendly :(