Hi, and thanks for your answers.

ShadowWar, the ReplayGain played files are quiter to allow enough
dynamics.
Generaly, players implementing ReplayGain (e.g. Winamp, ...) support
proceed the other way, they apply a -6 dB gain to files without gain
tags.

Rick, I didn't try Foobar recently, but when I once did I noticed that
when I changed a single tag it messed up the others (I use characters
with accents, and those didn't survive the process)

Anyway, as I say, I did change the values in the tags.
The problem was, SC didn't seem to heed these changes, and managed to
find the original values... But where ?

--
Stan Pulsar