The server maybe a fully open codebase, but if Logitech fail to
continue, I doubt the open source community could take it forwards.

The development team have changed interfaces repeatedly, documentation
of key interfaces is out of date.  The third party developers struggle
to maintain code that works.  Two major ones seem to have given up.

The latest moves - Radio & Touch seem more akin to what people have
against Mr Jobs style, significant requirement for MySb.com.  This the
same as the Harmony remote business, also purchased by Logitech.

As to the longevity, I have no opinion.  Obviously Logitech have been
right-sizing the business, their management will be primarily focussed
on returns.

One has to treat the product for what it is.  buy today, it is the most
effective product on the market, but don't expect hi-fi component
longevity of the systems.  This is the fast moving consumer goods
market, not Sean & Dean's great innovation, volumes and profit returns
are the key issues.

Dave

--
DaveWr