mherger;494161 Wrote:
> While 7.3.3 was using Perl 5.8, you'll need to update to perl 5.10 for
> 7.4 and later
>
> --
>
> Michael

Yes, I have done that.  I have also found the problem with the
Scanner.pl.  From here

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/InstallSVNTrunkAsService

I found that > The latest 5.10 ActiveState perl requires Digest::SHA1 to be
newer than
> 2.11. Version 2.11 is still included within the source and needs to be
> removed before attempting to start the server. Browse to the C:\Program
> Files\Squeezebox\CPAN\Digest folder. Right click on SHA1.pm, select
> TortoiseSVN->Delete and add to the ignore list->SHA1.pm. After an
> exclaimation mark is added to the icon, delete the file.

I did this and now I do not get errors if I execute "perl scanner.pl".

However the performance is still exactly the same.  If I execute "perl
slimserver.pl" It gives some comment about the plugin MusicMagic and
then says "Warning: Schema updated or no tracks in the database,
initiating scan,." but of course it doesn't.  But at this time I can
open the web interface and everything is fine, but I can't start a scan.
I click the button to scan and it doesn't do anything.

--
lemmy999