Based on my time reading these boards, it strikes me that a lot of the
issues people have with their Squeezebox setups are related to WiFi or
network setup.  I'm surprised Logitech doesn't include some form of
network diagnostic tool that could address this (or at a minimum a
one-sheet summary of tips for proper network setup.)  I'm envisioning a
tool that could:

1 -  Identify the user's WiFi network, scan for other networks in the
area, suggest optimal channel setting based on scan.

2 - Identify all Squeezebox devices connected.  If a player is missing
from the list, suggest ways to get it connected.  Perform throughput
test on all players, callout if any may have streaming issues based on
results.

I know most of this can be done piecemeal with existing tools, and with
help in the wiki and on these boards.  But it seems it would reduce the
load on Logitech's tech support and reduce new-user frustration if an
all-in-one diagnostic/setup tool existed.  (I'd take a stab at
developing it but don't have the know-how.)

Do others agree that such a tool would be useful and beneficial, or is
this impractical?

--
ajkidle

2x SBR, Boom, Radio, iPeng