luuk;495503 Wrote:
> I would love to try the new iPeng 1.2.1 (I am still on 1.1.2) but
> cannot. First, my iTouch (8Gb) does not offer me this update. When I try
> to "buy" it in the regular way I am told the program is not compatible
> and that I need the iPhone 3.0 software update. What is going on?

Exactly this. iPeng 1.2 requires iPhone OS 3.0. It depends about some
features and quite a few bug fixes in the OS that are only available
from 3.0 on.
So you will need to update the iTouch's firmware to 3.0 or newer to use
it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ajkidle;495510 Wrote:

> Will iPeng run okay on the first gen iPod Touch?  Any concerns with the
> older hardware?

It will run perfectly well on the 1G iTouch.
Only limitation is that you can't use the hardware volume buttons since
the 1G iTouch doesn't have them :)

--
pippin

---