I would also like to be able to use another application to choose music
to play through SB2, in my case the application is Xlobby which is
freeware and has an outstanding user interface that can be operated via
a thin client interface to a PDA, pen tablet, laptop, etc..  I am
currently using an M-audio audiophile USB soundcard located a floor
away from the PC (16ft.).The sound is good but from what I have read
the SB2 is outstanding and can be modded to give even better results.
The only thing that has held me up is the user interface.  I have been
working with Slimserver and Softsqueeze, although I have found
something usable (using "handheld" via m iPAQ)being able to use Xlobby
would make it a no brainer for me.  Just my 2 cents.

Ed

--
ebag4