dlask;498303 Wrote:
> http://freedownloads.last.fm/download/80867459/Forest%2BRay%2BColson.mp3

Interesting ... I did not expect that free downloads from last.fm work
without logging in, or without having an account at all. I wonder if
this intentional or just a loophole. :)

But I'm not sure if remote MP3s in playlists really are a good idea.
Keep in mind that every time you play that playlist, every song has to
be downloaded in real time, over and over again. That's quite a waste of
internet bandwidth, and the owner of the server you are downloading from
might even have to pay for it.

(I had that case once when someone's Winamp downloaded one of my radio
shows again and again until I finally kicked him out with an HTTP 403
status, assuming that he must have accidentally had his office PC on
repeat when he left for the weekend. A few minutes later I received an
email from a guy who apologized a lot and no, it was not by mistake, he
actually liked it so much that he had played it on repeat the whole day.
:D But he had not been aware that he was repeatedly pulling it from my
server.)

Can't you just download the files and play them locally?

--
usch