I have now:

* SB2 (unused, currently)
* SB Boom
* SB Radio (new for xmas!)

I understand that the Radio uses the new Linux-based SqueezeOS.  I'm
very impressed with the radio, but I miss the ability to use some old
plugins installed on my SqueezeServer.  Basically anything that effects
the display of the Boom (and SB2) isn't compatible with the Radio (and
the other SqueezeOS Squeezeboxes).  This is a shame, especially as I've
just started work on some simple screen-saver plugins.

I know the architecture for SqueezeOS is new and exciting, but: is
there any plans to emulate some of the old functionality of the "2 line"
display so old plugins can be used?

A more general point: is the Boom to be the last of the non SqueezeOS
players?  Also, I do love the old green displays, and would be
disappointed if all future squeezeboxes used LCD screens.

Lawrence

--
Aslak3