Well, I still have Casette Tapes for my Casette Deck that had "For
digital use" across the wrapping. At the time, well-estimated
manufacturers that wanted to assure the "average consumer" that also
CD-source material could be recorded...  Likewise, "digital speakers"
and "digital amplifiers" has been advertized, long before the ICE
technology was remotely developed. It all boils down to marketing.

It seems a way to persue, however, in view of low power consumption and
a better control of the digital signal. Credit to Sonos for also looking
at the end result: The sound. I know that also Logitech use this
approach - it will be necessary until we have developed digital human
eardrums.... :)

My own little "wishlist" is :
External HDD -> Squeeezebox Touch -> AVI ADM9.1 speakers(w. sub).
This will handle up to 24/192 input, and will play the pantyhoses down
many a combination. For years to come. At 6-7 times the cost of a Boom
or an S5, though...

Cheers, Jan

--
wavfan