In your setup, the SB3's can talk to the Mini, but not to the internet
(unless you set the mini to bridge) and thus can  play all of the mini's
music but none of the internet.

After I put my sb3's behind a firewall (I just didn't see any point in
exposing them to the world) I found out radio didn't work anymore. There
is a setting in Squeezecenter that may work in your setup: goto your
Squeezebox server settings, choose Player -> Audio and change the MP3
Streaming method to 'Proxied Streaming'

That said, I recommend the suggestions by the earlier posters and
hookup your SB3's directly to the router.

g'luck

--
par