Thanks for the thoughts, folks.

If I contact the BBC or their forums, can anyone explain exactly what
is the nature of the stream I am accessing through Rhapsody? Without
that information, surely no one at the BBC could help. True that I am
playing the LW service, not FM. I couldn't find FM on rhapsody. Is it
there somewhere?

By the way, it isn't sport either that is triggering the censoring.
Like I said, it effects even random sections of news magazine programs.

I could experiment with bpa's advice. Can you offer a pointer of where
to start with playing the plain WMA streams?

I reiterate that the reason I use Rhapsody through Squeeze Network is
that all other solutions I have tried suffer badly from stutter and
rebuffering (possibly because of the hardware limitations of my server -
it's a NAS running linux). I am afraid that these new ideas may have the
same problems because they will be part of Squeeze Server, not Squeeze
Network.

Cheers!

Ben

--