indifference_engine;503996 Wrote:
> I get the same problem but it's not just limited to internet streams...
> After playing an internet radio stream (eg BBC 6Music from the iPlayer
> plugin) I cannot play anything else be it local or internet.  Restarting
> Squeezeslave gets things working again.  It works fine though if only
> playing local files and the internet streams play so long as I haven't
> played one previously.  I think it's this problem that I'm suffering
> from rather than the incompatible format issue discussed in post #99.
> IIRC in previous versions of ss I got the chipmunks if I changed
> streams.

Thanks for the clarification.  Sounds like you're both running into the
bug in the buffering code that I've yet to track down and fix, but I can
always just click stop in the web gui and start another stream without
the need to restart SS.  The buffering code is very fragile and I really
need to rewrite it but since I only hit the bug maybe once every other
month.  I haven't made it a priority.

--
ralphy