Michael Herger wrote:
>> I really hope that Logitech won't kill the Squeezebox platform by going
>> in the direction of not letting the community contribute.
>
> Please see my previous posting. There are no such plans that I'm aware of.

Michael, While you are legally correct, practically, without some of the
developers time, to do things like create and document APIs, enhance the
APIs used by third parties, etc. they are de-facto closing the product.

Lets make sure everyone understands: the iPhone and other smart phone
control applications are third party. Logitech (and no other company)
has the talent and budget of the combined community.

If you hinder the third party community, you kill it. They are here by
choice, there are other fish to catch in the universe.

Ford, the car maker, is open sourcing their Sync application that lets
you control the user experience, music and other media in their car.
They are doing this for a reason.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/