Japes

I've had a Napster sub for nearly a year now and the bit rate has been
128kbps throughout.  By chance I looked at their FAQs today and read
this,

> The Napster music that is downloaded to your computer is in MP3 format
> at 256 Kbps stereo. The majority of tracks that are streamed from the
> Napster service are offered at 192Kbps. Tracks that are not available at
> 192Kbps are streamed at 128Kbps.

It definitely used to say 128kbps.  Couldn't find any tracks at 192 so
I emailed support and got this reply,

> At this time, the majority of tracks that are streamed from the Napster
> service are offered at a bit rate of 192Kbps. Tracks that are not
> available at 192Kbps are streamed at 128Kbps. We are working on
> upgrading all of our tracks to a higher bit rate, but unfortunately
> there is no estimated time table for every track offered in the Napster
> service.

BTW it seems the To Go option has been removed from their tariffs with
the new structure.

Keith

--
KMorgan