There have been a few messages of this type before, so its fair to say
this is not just a single rogue PC configuration problem. On the other
hand, there are lots of people for whom slimserver is working fine.

I have a smaller library - 5000 tracks, 500 albums, but running on an
underpowered 600MHz P3 with Windows XP SP2.  Just now, with the PC also
being hammered by another process, I couldn't get any query to take more
than 7 or 8 seconds - which seems ok to me.  Without the extra stuff,
the longest query is about 4 seconds. Slimserver 6.1.0.

So the answer isn't simply "slimerver performance sucks", but clearly
some people are having problems.  Do we have a performance expert in
the audience who can help identify some pointers or diagnostics?

Ceejay

--
ceejay