jonblauch;507958 Wrote:
> Does logitech support the v3 squeezebox?  Searching their site, I can
> find not reference to the product.  They obviously want to sell the new
> stuff, but I am a bit confused on the progression here.  Did SlimDevices
> get bought by Logitech and they are just ignoring these legacy
> products?
> Hoping someone can enlighten me - thanks.
*All* the ol products are still supported in the latest server
software.

The SB3 has pretty much been discontinued, it is being reaplced by the
Touch as the main Squeezebox product, although this has dragged out
because of software delays on the Touch. I believe the SB3 is no longer
in production, however it is still available through some retailers and
will continue to have a 2 year warranty on it.

As the SB3 shares the same platform as other current players (Boom,
Receiver and Transporter) any changes to the base firmware wil still
feed down to the SB3 (and SB2 actually as it is exactly the same
hardware just in a different case) if appropriate.

Slimdevices did indeed get bought by Logitech, this was a couple of
years ago now (i forget when exactly) and Logitech did sell the SB3 for
some time, although it was renamed the Classic at one point.

Have a look at the diffeences, and similarities, of the players here:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/HardwareComparison

--
funkstar

my collection:
*1*x squeezebox radio
*1*x squeezebox touch
*1*x squeezebox boom
*2*x controller, *1*x receiver
*2*x sb3 (sliver/black), *1*x sb2 wired (silver)
*1*x sb (black), *1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

interested in any others if you have them!