ASenna04;508100 Wrote:
> I think that will make the Transporter and Duet sound the same. If they
> do then the only advantage Transporter has is High Resolution music
> files.

Indeed. And on the Naim-forum I've in fact been posing the challenge
that the DAC should render all reasonable quality digital sources equal.
Obviously being in the world of hi-fi and audiophiles, this is met
with... lets say "some skepticism".

Anyway, as long as I haven't heard the DAC myself I can't really argue
that some claims audible differences between transports. If however it
turns out to be in line with my own observation, I'm really eager to
investigate how this can happen. The Naim DAC is, I would say, "by
design" rather than "by clever algorithms" jitter free (as far as spdif
introduced jitter goes) given reasonable assumptions.

--
bhaagensen