I do not understand why it is necessary for me to get five first-level
indistinguishable results if i have five copies (of various quality or
encoding method, or from multiple users libraries) of the same album in
my collection.

I want a basic heuristic on the presentation layer that says:

If for a search Album Name, Artist, Year are all the same between
multiple entries, show the one with the largest aggregate bitrate or
filesize. Don't show the others.

This solves multiple presentation layer problems at once.. If you have
a better copy of the same album, you will always get that and only that.
If you have a more complete copy of the same album, you will always get
that and only that. You won't have the continuous annoyance of having
the same album show more than once in search results.

At this point, as the maintainers of the priorities at logitech don't
seem to think this is a real problem, I'd be willing to pay someone
directly to make the software change to fix this. All of my various SB
devices are becoming idle because nobody wants to deal with the
trouble.

thanks

--
chroma