I'm actually thinking of the bigger picture with a easy way to relay
this information to multiple social networking/chat networks...

One thing to our advantage is squeezebox server does a "ok" job sending
played songs to audioscrobbler's RSS feed via your lastFM account.

Since facebook, twitter, trillian, aim, yahoo, etc all have their own
way of displaying a status message, it makes sense to look for a common
standard. ie, an RSS or ATOM feed.

It probably wouldnt take too long for someone to make small plugins to
something like plugin, facebook, etc to replace the user's status
message with the lastest update from audioscrobbler.

For example:

http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/user/mkanet/recenttracks.rss

(Please dont laugh at what I listen to :)

I didnt look hard enough for a good solution to do this for at least
Trillian Astra... but, I think RSS might be the way to go since most
apps/sites are RSS-friendly.

If someone figures out a way to do with without requiring for me to
write a universal Now Playing app for various services, I'm sure they
would be a pretty popular person.  Music services such as Pandora
already update facebook and twitter... its just a matter of time before
Logitech/squeeze community realizes this is something desirable for
social networking/chat apps like Trillian.  I might be just a little bit
ahead of the times... but things are slowly catching on... with people
realizing the benefits of such features...

-MKANET

--
mkanet