dsdreamer;515705 Wrote:
> You don't need the TV on for the audio routing in most cases, but to get
> any kind of UI (to see what's now playing, enjoy album artwork etc.)
> some of us may be inclined to keep it on. It's also a bit awkward to
> "Love" or "Ban" tracks if you've switched the TV monitor off, for
> example.

Very true.  A workaround is to buy a small, cheap LCD screen and
connect it to one of your AVR's video outs to perform this function.
S-video or Composite will do, it's just menu navigation and low-res
album art.
It looks cool in your setup and I'd guess if used regularly it would
likely pay for itself in a year with lower energy consumption vs a big
40+" screen.

I used this cheap LCD option for several years on my Yamaha AVR for
digital cable music and Yamaha's (overly simplistic) Internet Radio and
USB input functions.
It is still used sparingly today since my graduation to a REAL
streaming device, thank you SqueezeBox.   :)

--
toby10