I'll add my thanks to this.  Most of my posts have probably been when
I've been having some kind of problem, but I need to record that most of
the time I'm delighted with our Squeezeboxen (one each of
SB3,Duet,Transporter and Boom). Well, that might not be quite true: most
of the time I probably take them for granted; it's just that every so
often I'll stop and think and realise that I'm really pretty lucky. What
I have now is really beyond my wildest dreams in my teens and student
years.

Our Squeezeboxen have completely changed our listening habits, even
though I'd already been used to compilation tapes (since the 70s) and
shuffle play mp3 players.  Today I was pottering about in various
locations around the house, and it was great to have the same music
playing wherever I went; in this case, it was drawn from our "best of"
playlists for the 00s, 90s and 80s.  I often use MusicIP mixes so I
don't just stick to the things I know I like.  Late at night, I'll often
use Dynamic Playlist to play stuff from a selection of ambient genres;
being able to crossfade between tracks is a must, and I really miss this
on the iPod (along with not being able to add to the current playlist
unless it's the single On-The-Go list, and then only to the end... but
this is a Thanks To Logitech / Slim and plugin writers thread, so the
emphasis is not so much on iPod limitations as on I Never Had It So
Good!)

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie