bpa;517422 Wrote:
> Create a Favorite with the URL.
>
> If you wish to experiment to improve quality - I think SBS can play a
> Flac stream  but I think it must be streamed in a OGG container.
>
> Also - I think one user created a plugin to control VLC remotely (i.e.
> it mapped keys on the remote to VLC functions which are sent as commands
> on a separate TCP connection).

By keeping the stream open, it responds to skipping forward and back in
VLC, so that is good.

My biggest issue is getting the stream started consistently - sometimes
it just won't start until I faff around with it - retsarting VLC and the
URL - I haven't worked out why or found a process that works 100% of the
time.

I suspect that flac will be less consistent for me as I am guessing
that my drop outs are due to the laptop being wireless - so flac will
stress the connection more than mp3.

If I could get the stream to start up consistently - this seems to
mostly break when I change the cd - then I'll be a happy man (it doesn't
take much!)

--
cjhabs