sander;517895 Wrote:
> I'm in the same boat. Moving to 7.4.x in the near term won't keep you
> current once 7.5 comes out. Also I really don't like the whole apps
> approach, and changing menus in 7.4. Lastly when my server crashed a
> while back it reminded me how much customization I'd done to all the
> menus on different devices that needs to be redone. I have a controller
> which would presumably benefit, but its unclear how much at this point.
>

> The superdatetime problems were a scare, but outside of that and
> possibly some of the services not working eventually I'll probably stay
> on 7.3.4 as long as my hardware holds out, unless I see some real
> improvements which overcome the inconvenience of upgrading.

That's pretty much my feelings as well. I'm on 7.3.4 (with SB3, Boom,
Controller and iPeng) and I don't get the whole apps concept for
Squeezebox. I have no need for social networking (what does it have to
do with playing music?) and I just don't have the appetite for
re-customizing SBS and relearning the Controller interface (the button
changes I've read on the wiki just don't seem intuitive to me). I did
have SuperDateTime running on the Boom and when it broke I simply
disabled it (WeatherTime stills works fine on my SB3).

--
DoomWolf