That should be hardware enough to do it :) twice as fast as my server.

That flc fault message is mysterious ?

Well how to figure if flac is installed ? should it not be by default
these days ?

I'm not sure where it is on windows but the binaries is in the bin
folder
Maybe

squeezeboxserver/Bin/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/ ?

Or similar ? here you should have:

alac.exe
cygwin1.dll
faad.exe
flac.exe
grant.exe
mac.exe
mov123.exe
mppdec.exe
mysqld.exe
socketwrapper.exe
sox.exe
wmadec.exe
wvunpack.exe

If get your hands on lame you should see it here too.

Did you try with the default settings in filetype and no bitrate
limiting for the player as you can play other flac files 16/44.1 and
24/48 ? you probably don't use bit rate limiting (requires lame)?

If you "ctrl alt del" when playing a 24/96 file you should see a
running sox and flac process

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this