So, after a complete uninstall and manual cleanup of all SlimServer,
SqueezeCentre and SqueezeBox directories and files, a fresh SBS 7.4.2
installation with all file types/decoders left as defaults ... 7.4.2
fails to play/downsample 96/24 flac files.

The only differences between this stock setup and that of many other
users is that I do not enable iTunes or MP3 or Lame (which I assume have
nothing to do with playback of flac files) and that my PlugIns folder is
empty.

Unless someone can suggest something else to try or wants me to attach
any of the log files etc, it seems to me that SBS is incapable of
playing/downsampling 96/24 flac files?

I'd really like to make this work.

Any more ideas?

--