I'm a long time owner of three SB3 and one Transporter but this is my
first post.  I've searched and found a couple threads pertaining to
ground-loop problems but none of the suggestions have help so I'm
wondering if I just need to get my Transporter serviced.

I'm currently using my Marantz SR7001 receiver with my Transporter,
that's worked fine without any noises.  I've recently started
auditioning other amps/receivers using Transporter as the source and I'm
hearing a low hum with all of the amps/receivers that I've tried.  When
I use my SB3 with the amps, it's fine, no hum.  Everything seems to
point to a ground-loop problem right?  But when I tried the cheater
2-prong adapter, I still hear the hum.  When I unplug all other
components from the power-strip, I still hear the hum.  I even tried the
Hum-x adapter which works for my sub-woofer but it's not working with
the transporter.

So far, here's what I've found...

TP --> Marantz SR 7001 (ok)
TP --> NAD receiver (hum)
TP --> Vintage Marantz 2220b receiver (hum)
TP --> Bryston 3B amp (hum)
SB3 --> all the above (ok)

I'm out of troubleshooting ideas.  Any help/suggestions would be really
appreciated.

--
twu