-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of radish
Sent: 21 September 2005 14:56
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Re: pops between tracks

Sorry - PCM is WAV, it's just a slightly more accurate term for "totally
uncompressed". If you have an SB1 that only actually plays MP3 and PCM,
so the file must be being transcoded on the server. If you have bitrate
limiting disabled then it will use PCM. I only ask because that
determines what apps are under suspicion - in this case not LAME (the
MP3 encoder).

However this is about where my debugging expertise runs out for this
kind of problem...hopefully someone else will chime in :)

--
radish