I have both iPeng on an 8GB iPod Touch and SqueezeController on a Nexus
One.

iPeng is a more mature product and is therefore more robust and has
been through one or two visual overhauls.

SqueezeController is less mature with the very occasional glitch here
and there but I wouldn't say it's flaky by any means. Some might say the
navigation is slightly more intuitive, although the cosmetics are still
being worked on (I'm helping out on the beta programme).

One major plus for Android is the lack of restrictions on what is and
isn't allowed. For instance, downloading tracks or whole albums /
artists at a time to local storage is implemented in SqueezeController,
but apparently disallowed (though theoretically easy to implement) by
the Apple Police in their infinite wisdom. It's the principle of that
which really jars for me to be honest.

In terms of applications, until one or other brings streamed playing in
first there's little in it. Both will take the place of a Controller
easily. You're better off focusing on your other demands for the device.
If it comes down to Apple vs. Android, I'd say that rests largely on
whether you're someone who likes an easy,
always-works-in-its-potentially-prescriptive way approach or something
more flexible, open source with the pit-falls that go with it.

FWIW I found myself in the second category.

--
hunta