ejance;523522 Wrote:
> i believe that i only opened up port 3483 for TCP and not UDP. will
> check when i get home!
>
> i have been trying to get squeezeplay to work because thats what i
> know. any reason i should use stream.mp3 instead?

mp3 stream lets you use any player like winamp via "tune in url" or
similar
squeezeplay don't accept anything but an ip number as server adress,
so your DynDNS account won't help you .

Softsqueeze is more usefull in that aspect it accept normal urls.
So I usually use softsqueeze as remote player.

I probaly want to use sp if/when it actually produce any sound in
Ubuntu

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: SB3 (soon to replaced by a Touch :) It is on preorder)
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Receiver (soon to be replaced by my SB3 and the SBR to be
stuffed in a box in the attic )
Miscellaneous use: Radio (battery pack to be ordered)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this