I think the beauty of these devices is choice, myself: you can use the
IR remote, or a Controller, or an SB Touch, or an iPod Touch with one of
the 3rd party remotes, or a web interface.  You can install to a NAS if
you want.  Or you can choose to use mysqueezebox.com and leave your
computer off.

Having said that I agree with previous posts about the web interface:
it is slow, even on a well-specified machine; I couldn't personally use
it all the time, I use the IR until I've got enough pennies for an iPod
touch and iPeng.

The key thing for me is how good Squeezeboxes sound and, in my
experience, they work every time I want to listen to music.  Some
previous players I've had took, erm, "tinkering" before they'd produce
noise.

--
moley6knipe

WinXP Pro SP3 > dBpoweramp Reference 13.3 > SqueezeCenter 7.4.2 >
Squeezebox 3 > ears