Yes, I was thinking of switching to PyQt once it gets more stable. But
now that MeeGo has announced official support to GTK I'll perhaps just
stick with it for the time being.

I'm coding with the Scratchbox in Ubuntu VirtualBox. I got it up and
running pretty smoothly with the instructions given at maemo.org.

I'm too very fond of Python. This is my first project in Python and GTK
too, so I'm learning all the time. I did also find pysqueezecenter but
found it lacking some functionality so I've pretty modified it quite a
bit. Needed non-blocking requests, queuing requests, subscriptions to
event notifivations from the server. Also replaced telnet with bare TCP
sockets.

--
hmaki