Hi

about a week ago I noticed that when I selected "Internet radio->local"
I would only get a list of the stations local to the city instead of
stations local to the country I live in. I assume that the RadioTime
(which as far as I know provides the radio stations listings on logitech
squeezeboxes) can now pinpoint my IP more precisely. The problem is that
the local stations list only list the stations that RadioTime have
registered as being located in "Copenhagen" which is the city I live in.
Stations that according to RadioTime are located in named parts of
greater Copenhagen aren't included at all (some of those parts of the
city are actually much close to where I live than the ity centre), and
to access those I have to choose "world->Find a
city->Europe->Denmark".... quite annoying.

I fixed it when I'm connected to squeezeserver by doing this:

I installed the RadioTime plugin (I used mysqueezebox.com to do that
and activated iton all players) and associated it to a RadioTime
account. When setting this account I chose to spell the city I live in
in Danish instead of English. By doing this it seems that RadioTime
defaults back to displaying stations for the whole country when I select
local.
This is great.

However when I play radio through mysqueezebox.com instead of through
the squeezeserver on my NAS, the local stations only list stations in
"Copenhagen" as described above. This I find quite odd and also I hate
inconsistencies. What then really baffles me is that when I use the
"remote control" on mysqueezebox.com to control a connected player, the
local stations menu looks like it does when the player is connected to
squeezeserver.

I hope someone can help me get a consistent experience, but i wonder if
I have I have to trash my squeezebox gear and buy Sonos instead to get
something that doesn't change all the time and just work.

--
AndyK