amit145;525534 Wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem regarding my squeezbox..
> the problem is that i CANT play DTS/DD/AC3 sound format audio files on
> my audio system under this situation:
> My Squeezbox is connected Via coax cable to a DAC (valab nos),
> the DAC is connected to my 7.1 AV receiver,HK AVR 255 (via analog
> interconnect into an alalog input).
> Now the only problem i have is playing audio files (that are on my PC)
> that are in 5.1 format (such as DTS audio cd etc'...)
> P.S: if i remove the DAC and connect the Squeezbox straight to the AV
> receiver,i have NO problem at all hearing any kind of audio formats what
> so ever... so i guess the problem has to do with the 5.1 to 2.0 decoding
> that is not possible in the VALAB dac (it never ment to do so..)
> ANY suggestion you guys have for me?
> Thanks!

Correct me if I am wrong.  Valab NOS uses a very old chip for CD audio
only.  It only has dts/ac3 pass-through, not decoding.  This is why you
cannot play dts/ac3 with it.

Squeezebox when playing dts/ac3 outputs the original coded stream to
the digital out.  It relies a dts/ac3 receiver to decode them.

--
Honva