Hello.  Thanks for replying even though I'm whining.  I'll stop whining
now.

@ pippin
My server is a PC running WinXp Pro SP3, dual-core E8400 chip (3Ghz),
4Gb DDR3 RAM.

I transcode to mp3 for the devices connected via wireless simply to
extend the possible range of coverage for my Boom.  The wired SB3 is set
to stream in flac (obviously it transcodes to mp3 not when it's sync'd).
I know mp3 transcoding uses some juice

@ toby10
Problem is that the sync issues are random.  Sometimes they happen,
sometimes they don't.  I'll wire the boom and see if they persist.  If
they don't, what tips can I try to improve my wireless network?  Have
tried changing frequencies, problem persists.  Any tools to check for
interference?

I'm not convinced it's that, though, have never had problems with 2+
years of syncing sb3 wireless with sb3 wired with lame transcoding, but
I appreciate that adding the boom increases network traffic.

--
moley6knipe

WinXP Pro SP3 > dBpoweramp Reference 13.3 > SqueezeCenter 7.4.2 >
Squeezebox 3 > ears