ToddSTS;533467 Wrote:
> I've scoured the board(s) for any signs of blown capacitors and can't
> find any.  The only burnt looking soldering is around the IR receiver
> and that still works cause it will interrupt the repeating start up
> sequence if I press any buttons on the remote.
>
> One thing I did notice as the sequence perpetually runs, sometimes
> right before the logos cross the screen the Toslink gets
> brighter...sometimes it goes out for a split second. Interesting that
> its not behaving exactly the same every time.  Any clues from that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Todd

Have you been able to try another power supply like Dan has? If you can
put a meter on the power connection inside while the board is on and
report back the voltage, that would be helpful.  The power supply will
read higher when not under load, so measuring it while unplugged from
the squeezebox would be irrelevant.

See if the voltage varies while starting up, or is low.

--
gnnash