Sully,

Yes, there is a way to do this.  I recently learned that there are
IP-to-serial devices that can effectively replace what VSPE does.  Two
such products are the Elk IP232 and the Startech NETRS2321E.  You
should find these for around $130 to $140.  In the SqzRuss.ini file you
just replace the host name and port number for VSPE with the ones for
the IP-to-serial device.  I don't have one of these to test with, but
it should work fine.

Fyi, I learned about these on cocoontech.com where people describe
using them with a new iPhone/Touch app for controlling Russound
systems.  I've been working with the author and the app is really
great.  Check out the screenshots at llamasoftware.net.

Regards...

--
someonewho