Personally I think it would kill Vortexbox. They are doing well in their
own right. Released 1.2 in March and 1.3 in April. Plus by being
independent, they can add the items that Logitech will not touch.

Slim Devices has been around for years and never sold servers. Look
what happened when they tried to partner with an NAS maker. I kind of
think keeping them separate is the best of both worlds. Logitech makes
good NMPs and Vortexbox makes great server software and sells their own
server appliance. Don't think they should mess with a good thing.

Besides, Logitech has a linux server now with TinySC running on the
Touch. Granted its not an all in one solution because of no ripper, but
if one can use the Touch with a USB drive, one probably already has a
ripped library (or can rip).

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom