On 23 April 2010 00:31, staresy
<staresy.49ufrb1271979...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to get moose to scan my music database (SS 7.5.1. The music
> is stored on an HP Mediasmart WHS machine, moose is running on a NW PC.
> I've opened up my firewall for 9092 and unbound the My SQL db but it
> still reports an error when trying to scan.
>
> Anything else to try - is the db stored somewher odd on the WHS, can I
> change moose to point at it?
>
> Any help gratefully received.

Hi,

Always tricky diagnosing db problems.. But.. Some thoughts:
* after unbinding, make sure you've rebooted your server machine just
to make sure mysql's restarted
* make sure you've opened 9092 on the server pc, not the moose pc
* check the mysql port is 9092 - some nas boxes use the mysql default
of 3306, but WHS should be 9092
* try the 'guess database details'..
* try using root as the db usr
* make sure you're using a numeric IP address in the Server tab

Hope something there helps.. if you're still getting problems, send me
a moose-log (misc tab) of
hitting rescan in the options and i'll see if i can spot anything..

Oh, and how recent is your 7.5.1 ? Small chance they've tweaked the db
schema and it's causing
problems, although i usually get a deluge of emails when this happens,
and havent yet.. :-)

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove