A low power computer is interesting because it can run all the time and
control the "ecosystem" with less watts.
My SBs cut my amps when they are off. But they can't do much (even
that!) without the server running.

Personally: 1. I don't mind spending electricity as long as it is not
wasted, and 2. little is better than much.
I would have no problem powering an enormous lamp amplifier if I needed
one to enjoy my music. But it would have to shut off properly when I
don't use it.

Also, "Class-D" (?) amps like the one in the Boom are more efficient
than others, or not?

--
epoch1970

Daily dose delivered by: 2 SB Classic (fw 130), 1 SB Boom (fw 50) •
SqueezeCenter 7.3.4 (Debian 5.0) with plugins: ContextMenu,
SaverSwitcher by Peter Watkins • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris
•  WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) •
FindArt, CDplayer by bpa • BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • TrackStat by Erland Isaksson.