I've got a readynas duo set-up that I recently added a squeezebox duet
and radio to.  I was previously using xbmc but decided I wanted rid of
the big ugly xbox in my lounge and to get a more usable controller
(XBMC is brilliant though!).

I have all my mp3s in a music folder under the media share on my
ReadyNAS.

I copied my itunes library files (there are a few - iTunes Library
.itl/.xml and the itdb files for extras/genius) into the music folder
as well.

The next time I launched itunes I held down option (alt on windows) and
pointed itunes to the new library location.  (from memory I had to
remove the music tracks and rescan in the music from the new location -
it was a long time ago that I did this part)

this basically means that your music and itunes library are now held on
your NAS which means SBS can see them both.

When you set-up squeezebox server you need to activate the itunes
plugin and then go to the settings page for this. you need to :

check Use iTunes
empty the ignored playlists section (at least for the types of playlist
you want to include)
point it to your library location
Point it to where your media is (my music folder)
if you want, set a prefix for your imported itunes playlists

Additionally, you need to set how long SBS waits before it rescans your
itunes library after it changes.  I've left mine at the default of 3600
seconds for the meantime.

When you click apply the scanner will start and a few minuted later
you'll be able to see progress on the information page.

What I found wasn't working was saving playlists I created on my
squeezebox - they appeared to save but basically went into a black
hole.  I appear to have fixed this by going to the Basic Settings page
and entering a location for playlists (I set it to
/media/Music/Playlists).  They now seem to be working fine!

I've only had this setup for a week or two so I'm sure I'll find some
oddities over time but so far so good.

I've attached some screenshots of my settings.

Cheers

|Filename: screen-capture-2.jpg                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9812|

yannyb