moobaa Wrote:
> The only time I've seen the SlimServer hang when scanning is when I've
> had badly-formed playlists.  In particular, playlists that refer to
> files using relative directories (ie, "..\..\GroovySong.mp3").
>
> That might be a place to start...  :}

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed all of my playlists and rescanned.
I received the same error:

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: Perl interpreter failed."

I'll try moving the .pref file out next.  Thanks again for the tip.

--tim

--
tim