Phil Leigh;544567 Wrote:
> Looking forward to Boom 2 (and maybe Touch 2 with twice the CPU and
> RAM...)

I always thought the radio was in essence the boom 2.

With the alarm problems on the boom the developers have hinted there
was essentially no more room on the firmware to fix the alarm problems,
so it does sound like fixing anything but the most ip3k systems has been
on hold for at least a little bit, this is really more of a formality.

I'm not sure how they're going to handle the transition to squeezeplay
clients beyond stopping development on the old devices. Squeezeplay
should be more asynchronous than the old approach hopefully make for a
more robust experience in regards to syncing, alarms and such, but in
general its been less reliable with fewer options.

I hope they have a strategy where they can leverage the advantages of a
fatter client over time while keeping the same functionality we enjoy on
the older devices.

--
sander