hellbringer616;541132 Wrote:
> I have a few Squeezeboxs we are testing out for one of our business
> clients to get music into their buildings.
> So we set up a custom radio using shoutcast and winamp as a test run,
> and all was great!
>
> But now they keep droping the stream..
>
> So far i've tried pretty much everything i can think of on the
> winamp/shoutcast side of things.. *it will run 24/7 if i stream it to a
> computer. But the squeezeboxes will drop it still.* about 5 or 6 times a
> day, pretty much at random..

i already said i have no exp w/sonicwall.  perhaps i have made an
incorrect interpretation of the above, but i don't think so.  i do
think you need to reread the thread.

what i want explained, is why the computer is more robust than the slim
hardware, if both are behind the sonicwall?  (i'm not sure if the stream
is also behind the sonicwall or not, but i'm not sure that matters as to
my point)

i am basing what i am saying on what he said.  so perhaps at this
point, he should clarify things, but i think my interpretation is the
correct one.  if i'm wrong, np.  but i can only base my replies on what
i read.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 & sbc (my home) / sbr (parent's home) - sbs 7.5b - win xp pro sp3
ie8 - p4(ht) 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid1 - d-link dir-655 -
40k+ mp3