JJZolx;544793 Wrote:
> No more SqueezePlay based devices.  What's the sense in bringing out
> another crippled device whose interface can't be customized in 1/2 the
> ways that a Squeezebox 1 could?

+1
- Fat players are subject to (un)planned obsolescence and do not serve
the customer right.
- Trying to monkey the touch and feel of a smart phone is an error.
Looks like phones are moving faster, they are "smarter" and cheaper.
The competition for SP devices is an iTouch with a quality dock.
- Use of a non deterministic system on the player is an error. Put less
experienced linux/web/... developers to the task and you just compound
the issue.

(Add to that the impact of such changes to the current user and
developer community.)

What I want to see next:
- A slim device, with tremendous audio quality and ability to drive
amp and devices. Services that make sense, like a high-res audio store,
authorized covers and liner notes, print-on-demand album catalog, and
exclusive access to higher quality radio streams. Color/touch screen is
not mandatory.
- Serious effort put into the server, adding room correction,
MusicIP-like capabilities, merging system actions and playlists, and
last but not least power management. And why not roll an ISO/VM distro,
and qualify a few brand computers?

I really don't know where the SB line is going, but I sure would like
to know where the old team has gone.

--
epoch1970

Daily dose delivered by: 2 SB Classic (fw 130), 1 SB Boom (fw 50) •
SqueezeCenter 7.3.4 (Debian 5.0) with plugins: ContextMenu,
SaverSwitcher by Peter Watkins • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris
•  WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) •
FindArt, CDplayer by bpa • BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • TrackStat by Erland Isaksson.