I recently got a Verizon 3g mifi, and so far am quite impressed with
speeds.  Wondering if it would be feasible to set up a Squeezebox in my
car, that would connect via wifi to the mobile hotspot, and then stream
at whatever bandwidth I can manage to reliably pull through?  Maybe
even native flac?  This would be a perfect application for a Receiver,
and then I could control the thing through iPeng, also over 3g.  Then
just run the line out of the Receiver into the car's aux input.
That.......  would be insane.....

Would obviously be nice to power it from a cigarette lighter directly,
if such a power supply exists, rather than using an inverter.

--
nspindel