robinbowes;551840 Wrote:
> I only really want to display the "now playing" screen (and maybe
> control the player a bit) from my joggler. How would you say Debian
> Squeeze compares to Android/SqueezeCommander?
>
> R.
>
> PS. I am finding that my joggler is losing wireless connection
> regularly (when running Android). I have to go back into settings and
> restart wireless to fix it. Any idea why that might be?

Debian Squeeze's GUI is faster (because it includes the Intel IEGD
driver) than the current Android GUI.

On the other hand, I like the Android usability much more, because it
is made for Touchscreens...

I'm using Debian Squeeze on the Joggler right now with mainly two apps:
SqueezePlay and MythTV.

That works ok, especially if you install EasyStroke for gestures.

But things like e.g. browsing, email... are not very comfortable on
Debian Squeeze (in touch only mode), because the Android
OnScreenKeyboard is *much* better.

About the Android WLAN issue:
Android seems to have problems with low signal strengths. :-/
The network range on Debian seems to be a bit better...

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android