I have tried virtually every permutation of installing, re-installing,
rebooting, upgrading the SB server, downgrading the SB server (I'm now
on 7.5.1), rebooting my SB2, rebooting my wifi router, rebooting my
wifi repeater, unplugging my wifi repeater and STILL my SB2 cannot
connect.

I'm running W2K.

Why can't I just specific the IP address of the SB2 to the server?

It CAN'T be this hard.

[FYI - The last time I upgraded to 7.5.1, it just magically worked ...
after 8 hours.]

I've tried snooping the wifi packets with Wireshark, but there's
nothing obviously wrong. There's a heap-o-mysqueezebox.com traffic
(which I don't care about.

I do see an ARP request from my SB2 for the "Who has ..." for the IP of
my server.

Could this be an ARP / W2K issue????

What gets me is that it SOMETIMES works.

--
tloden