michel;558819 Wrote:
> 'some form of attenuation' would mean a preamp anyway and this means
> sacrificing sound quality. Do yourself a favor and try a setup without
> preamp and you will know why I do NOT want to go back.

but evidently, you're already sacrificing sound quality by having "low"
digital volume. Several technical folks on this forum have posted
extensively on the effect of digital volume controls, especially at low
volumes. Search for digital volume on the forum and you should find some
of these threads. In particular look for John Swenson, Phil Leigh,
IPHONE posts....

--
garym